A Local Preschool for the Whole Community
We believe in a child learning through play.
– We join in activities involving cooking and planting, play ring games and have a daily PE session – learning to jump, skip, dance to music, balance, throw balls and use different pieces of equipment.
– We have lots of messy play with paint, glue, sand, water and other textures such as compost, sawdust, shaving foam, rice and pasta etc.
– We make friends with other children and have LOTS OF FUN!
Elm Park Baptist Church Playgroup opened in 1967 and is one of the oldest settings in the area.
The original name ‘Playgroup’ has been retained to acknowledge the setting’s history, even though we are a preschool open during term-time.
We use the halls at the back of the local Baptist Church, close to local shops, residential properties, TfL buses and the London Underground Station.
We provide care in two adjoining halls and outside play area. The garden has six foot security fencing around it and is used every session whenever possible. The children are allowed to move freely between inside and out.
We are open to every member of the community.
We provide toys, games, activities and play opportunities that reflect the multi-cultural world we live in. Our environment is clean, bright and stable. It is welcoming, safe and stimulating.
We help each child to develop independence; we nurture their growing confidence, self-help skills and self-esteem. We teach each child to play with respect, kindness and consideration for others.
All children are respected and their individuality and potential recognised, valued and supported.
Information on our staff
All our staff hold full relevant Early Years qualifications.
All staff and volunteers have undertaken an enhanced DBS check and sign an annual suitability and disqualification disclosure.
All staff are trained in:
- Paediatric First Aid
- Safe-Guarding and Child Protection
- Developing Chldren’s Positive Behaviour
- Food Hygiene
- Health and Safety
- Fire Awareness
We have a named Safe-Guarding officer, Fire Wardens and SENDCo. Our SENDCo (special Educational Needs and Disability Co-ordinator) is Elkan Speech and Language qualified.